23 December 2007

Reg's Quilt


This quilt is going to be 'interesting' to actually make .. designing it was 'interesting' as well .. reg is totally uneducated when it comes to anything quilt related - he still calls them comforters ;) .. that will change, he's a quick learner.

His favourite teams are the Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Tigers and MSU (Michigan State University), and his favourite colour is green. Needless to say the colours in this layout aren't even the correct ones but the team logos.

what i'm going to do is print them out on paper then iron it onto the right fabric ... or even do an outline .. i'm sure with my graphic knowlege i can find the easiest way to print on the fabric .. and since this ink is water soluable, it will come right out when it's washed. I'm having a devil of a time finding some sports related blocks, but i'm sure that something will occur to me. I'm more worried about having to do applique for the logos. I'm not the world's best at it and would rather 'cheat' with my machine. I was thinking of using Carrie Nation or jacob's Ladder blocks; they would 'encircle' the middle sports blocks and not necessarily make them the focus of the quilt - which are the team logos. This might even be a scrappy type quilt with the rest on WOW or COW .. not to sure yet. But this is my starting point and I'm sure flying by my tail will work in this case ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)