14 August 2008

Bits of Quilty - Mostly packing for trip

**Sigh** My blog is still locked .. current message from blogger on my poor blog's status - "We received your unlock request on August 11, 2008. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam."

I 've been really really good about not starting any new projects the past few days .. It's been hard as I've been rather climbing the walls, but I am going a wee bit crazy getting ready for my trip too. You know, laundry, cleaning, triple checking things, arranging for mail pick up and cat checkings - Not that my dad will see Shadow much, but we want to be sure that their water is filled as they both drink a lot.

I've pulled out the fabrics for Gran's quilt - I'm making her a crib quilt size of the mystery quilt that we did last weekend .. her colours are pinks, mauve to purples, and blues .. so while it'll be scrappy like mine and with the same hues, it won't have as many colours .. I was rather hoping that i could have gotten it done before we left, but there was just no way with all the rest of the stuff that I had to do to get ready for this trip .. So when I get back, I'll get to work on this soonest so I can ship it to her .. I imagine it won't be too much to ship it with it being a small quilt. Only thing in the lights that one pink is going to give me issues .. I might just have to pull it and find another one - it IS a light, but doesn't look like it here .. even the grayscale it looks dark .. **sigh** ah well ..

We are going up to Bobcaygeon, ON in the Kawartha Lakes District .. reg was born in Lindsay (bout 25 mins away) and mostly grew up in that area .. I took a houseboat trip up the Trent-Severn Waterway with my family when I was in my early teens .. It was awesome and I really enjoyed our last visit up there 2 years ago .... so relaxing .. and it'll be good to see Gran and get descended upon by the rest of reg's family .. but there's 5 - 6 hrs in a 94 cavalier with reg, kyle and the dog :\

A while ago, I talked about the time I used cheap muslin in a quilt for filler blocks to make up for the fact that I didn't get enough blocks in the swap to make a whole lap quilt .. well I'm going to repair it. The book I have Guide to Vintage Quilting shows me how to repair quilts - mostly I'll need HSTs for 6 blocks, the corner squares on 1 and batting scraps big enough for them ... it looks like I'll have to cut some greens to as some of them have deteriorated since 1997 .. gee wonder why? LOL .. I use this quilt all the time .. and since it was from my first swap ever, I would love to keep it.

I was actually thinking that I wouldn't bring any handwork with me for trip .. the idea of having enough fabric pieces and patterns and thread varieties etc was rather daunting ... I was like Oh Hell NO! It would drive me nuts ... I would get overwhelmed with having enough fabric pieces, patterns and colour combinations and 2 prs of scissors .. oh I have table coasters that I make out of english paper piecing, really quick and simple to do, but man oh man ... I would overwhelm myself packing for that project .. so I was thinking about grabbing my yarn bag and making dishclothes ... but I'm not really in the mood for that .. bah .. I have no small projects that I can do handwork on and I'm not really motivated to do hand piecing .. Then I remembered that I have those 2 whole clothe quilts .. one's a wallhanging and the other's a throw .. and my plan was to handquilt them .. So I grabbed the smallest one, and cut out the batting for it tonite .. well on looking at them I should have grabbed the throw instead .. less detailed .. but this will keep my busy ... I just have to grab my little sewing bag (make up bag) with my handwork stuff in it and away I go .. I'll baste this tomorrow as I folded all the laundry tonite :D

esh attempt 4 for word verification .. oh I hate these things :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)