29 August 2008

Wanted, brain cell - apply within ..

I' m using this entry as a draft for my acceptance speech for the "Twit of the Year" award. I swear that some days if I had operative brain cells I could be registered as a dangerous and offensive weapon .. pfft!! Notice how I didn't say lethal .. I only kill my stuff :\

By this time I'm sure you're wondering . what on God's green earth has she done THIS time .. oh this is a goody for sure!! I even amaze myself this time!!

Remember in my last post where my Ohio Star block was just zipping along sweet as can be and I discovered that it was the wrong size?? yeah well this is even better .. truly it is .. twit for brains here messed herself up royally - it WAS the right size .. I needed 11" unfinished and 10½ FINISHED .. "I would like to thank the members of the academy for .. blah blah blah .. FIDDLESTICKS!!!!!" See I told you it was a doozy even for me - heh not your average bear, eh boo boo .. &^%@#! **sigh** Ah well .. I have these 5 done now, one more already cut out from before and just 2 more to cut now .. bloody hell .. BUT on a good note; that is it for the blocks for this quilt .. i just need to put them into sections and then quilt as you go :D :D :D

I wanted to show you how great this combination looks even tho it is the mostly unlikely sounding combination on it's own .. It's really going to blend well together and add some interest to the corner-ish where it'll be ..

In my defense for my screw-up; things have been a wee bit interesting around here to say the least and I've been on an emotional roller coaster since I got back from up North - I guess I was more distracted and worried than I thought - granted I'm not perfect, but since I designed this damn thing, you'd think I would remember what size blocks I made for it; pfft .. ah well .. onward!!

On a good note tho .. I have half of Clue one done for gran's quilt - I even don't mind making mistakes at this point, as it gives me another chance to stitch up another seam :) .. Bonnie - thank you for your wonderful light bulb moment :)

I'll be busy stitching this weekend .. Myself and a few other ladies will be helping Carmen get ready for a mystery that she has plotted .. I think we were promoted to stitch detectives :D I am looking forward to altho that means I have to cut a mess of fabric up today as well as get those other 2 blocks made ..

Think I can be trusted with a rotary cutter?? I promise not to massacre any more defenseless fabric and I'm sure that there's not much left of my ego to shred at this point ..

Oh any operative brain cells, please fill out the application and leave it on the counter please .. I'm sure I'll find it later .. when I'm looking for my mind ..

3 comments:

  1. I think you topped me finally!! OMG I literally did the same thing twice to one block and it was the centerpiece of the quilt. So I will not be applying for the job, but I will be a good reference for those wishing to apply heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain cells are already on overload as they try and deal with all the foolishness I get into here! LOL
    However the blocks are looking good (snicker) and the big sister looks great with the new ones you are creating!
    Gotta love getting older and what was it they used to say
    Don't trust anyone over 30? Maybe it should be don't trust any brain over 40! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not enough caffiene in the world to allow me to keep up with you, even if one disregards the time spent on re-dos LOL! This must be a brain thing, as you say, 'cuz I've had times where I sewed something wrong, picked it out, then sewed it exactly wrong again, picked it out, sewed it yet again exactly wrong... arghhh that's frustrating!

    Size aside, though, the colours are faboo, and your points are, well, pointy. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)