21 May 2016

New Stuff - Quick Knits

After knitting roughly 3 1/2 pairs of yoga socks and only have 2 pairs to show for it, I needed a bit of a break.  I've been eyeing my Bernant Cotton in Culinary Colours,

I was thinking of little face pads with texture for natural exfoliation, I like lacy stuff too - I wanted to do a complicated and / or cool looking stitch, so a hunt was on for facepads - amazing how finding a pattern for knitted one is a real fantasy LOL  but did find a wee one by DROPS that's a small rectangle.  it's all Garter Stitch - nothing fancy or complicated.  Took maybe an hour to knit them up.  21 whole rows LOL  Well least, I've little face pads now.  Might be a neat package with a facecloth and some natural soap or a basket for quick gifts

I'm still on the hunt for a small facecloth - I found one, but the texture pattern doesn't look at all like the picture, and I know I followed the pattern for it.  I made it smaller than a normal cloth - mostly cause I wanted to see what it looked like - another quick easy knit, but the texture / pattern doesn't really speak to me - so the hunt continues.  One a good note, there's a ton of stitch libraries where I can pick the texture stitch I want and make up a quick cloth - so not limited by what's already made up.  Just have to find a stitch that speaks to me

Along my facecloth search I found a pattern for an Entrelac Dishcloth - I've always wanted to learn the stitch and as long as a pattern is in written format (I get a wee bit confused on charts)  I can figure it out.

For the most part that still holds true, but when I finished the first part of the instructions - I was like WTH??  This makes no freeken sense!!  I figured it would be 3 triangles, not joined like this but at the bottom corners. So I warmed up my Google Fu and off to hunt videos I went  A friend of mine sent me a link for an entralac scarf pattern that proved to be perfect!  Greatly reduced my WTH!! and hair pulling maarathon.

The video is a stitch by stitch tutorial - It was perfect!  What I like about entrelac is that it's work in blocks of 8 stitches and 15 rows.  If a mistake is made and you don't quite catch it right away, then you only have one 'block' that you have to frog - not multiple rows  Just pull out your needle and rip away . that was the most awesome part LOL

On a few occasions I tried to put a triangular 'peg' in a square / rectangular hole, and was left scratching my head - a LOT, but like quantum physics or ancient mandarin characters, it gets understandable - eventually.  LOL  It was nice to be able to pull out my needle and rip that section out and start again.

So a bit of a struggle to get it, but the challenge was just what I was looking for - one not to great a scale.  I'm ready to make another one.  All that's needed is to block this one, and weave in the ends.  Turned out okay me thinks - altho I was expecting more square shape than rectangle, but that could just me struggling with the pattern in the beginning

Thank you again Gina for the video and giggling with me while I 'worked' on it


Ravelry link - face pads
Ravelry link - face cloth
Ravelry link - entrelac cloth




2 comments:

  1. Glad it helped! Your lil square is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Lady. I've already started another one and my foundation tier looks way better than the first one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)